It seems the console doesn't always detect versions correctly and there's no way to filter our up to date clients form the triggers list.
Version 6 of ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) and ESET business products were released in North America December 11th, 2014, and globally February 25th, 2015.
Nonetheless, I tried doing some custom searches, tried IP scans, etc.
I've recent moved our estate over to ESET v6 and while the new remote administrator console is a breath of fresh air i'm having real trouble wrapping my head around the "task" functionality (why can't I run a previously created task on a client?
) What i'm trying to figure out is what the best way to push client updates?
I had already ruled that out though, and there were definitely no IP conflicts. To explain: checked on their DHCP scopes, and they also didn’t have DNS scavenging enabled to get rid of outdated dynamic records.
DNS scavenging can be confusing, and if done incorrectly can wipe out a lot of important records, so don’t rush it.
Things seemed to be going fine, but then I noticed that at least 2 computers were not in the tab’s computer list.
That seemed unlikely, since the primary method of finding computers for ERAC is Active Directory.
If you have met the requirements for upgrading and your upgrade to the latest version of ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) fails, it could be due to the use of special characters in your ERA password.
To resolve this issue, change your ERA password and attempt the upgrade again.
Josh Jones does a great job explaining how to set up DNS scavenging and what all the settings mean.
Leave a comment if you’ve found other reasons why workstations go missing in the remote install list.
I knew for sure that these computers were on, had valid IPs, were responding normally, joined to AD, etc.