It has something to do with a "development server", which runs from within Visual Studio.
It is expected because we have firewall blocking between development and production.
My question is, how can I update web reference and package to a WSP file?
The webservice itself is just a class within Visual Studio - how do I ensure it is listening, and the reference to it can be updated?
Thanks, Peter All this activity is happening within Visual Studio - I have not manually set any values for url or port number.
The only solution I have found is to delete the webreference from my project, and then create a new one again - butisn't this kind of what "update we refence" should do?
All this activity is happening within Visual Studio - I have not manually set any values for url or port number.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem: - Report from 'XML Schema' is 'The root element of a W3C XML Suggest you Google to find an online WSDL validator and run the same file through that.
If the validator is unhappy then it is a problem with your manual edit and you should go back to an earlier version of the file.
I have an application that has been working with for a very long time, in Visual Studio 2015.
Today, I added a line to the xml file, and then right-clicked on the web reference in my project, and clicked on the menu item to update the web reference. So, I removed the reference, regenerated the Enterprise WSDL file, and attempted to add a web reference to the newly generated file. I don't understand what has changed that is causing this problem. I have included a screenshot showing the problem as well. --- ERROR message BEGINS --- References/xml was not recognized as a known document type.
Sometimes, I cannot connect connect to my webservice, so I try an"update web reference" - but this results in an error:"There was an error downloading to connect to the remote server.